10.13.2011

josie




I jokingly mention I have a new family member-my pressure canner. Last was my first year canning and I stayed with the basics-applesauce, pears and peaches. This year I have added salsa, green beans, garlic, pickeled tomatoes, green tomato chutney, rum peach conserve, zucchini pickles, pearsauce, pears, peaches, blackberry jam, pickled cherry tomatoes and a few more that I am not remembering at the moment. many of these were more work than I bargained for, but so rewarding when said and done!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

wow!! i didn't realize you canned that much!! awesome! : ) they're beautiful (and delicious too i'm sure!)

Jessica and Brandon said...

You really put 'Josie' to work this year! I love it :) We started canning this year and it's definitely easier than I expected!

The Rowley's said...

Wish we lived closer. We did a lot of canning this summer to. We always have a big garden.