6.20.2012

All she wants to do is dance, dance, dance!


Olivia started dance this year and she has come along way. Her face lights up when we talk about anything dance related and every morning after breakfast she asks for some music and her tap and ballet shoes and puts on a show. I never thought dance would be the first organized "sport" I would introduce my child to, but she loves it and that makes my heart smile too! 


For her final recital, she and 4 other little blondies performed as Wendy from Peter Pan. I won't grow grow up, I won't grow up....well I certainly hope not for a little while anyways!

Make-up, yes, we went to the store to get the right stage make-up. I spent more money and time on the make-up aisle for her then I have on myself for several years now.  I felt like I needed to explain that it was for a performance and that I wasn't one of 'those" moms!

Some coloring backstage!
Flowers from Grandma Cathy, Auntie Chris and Daddy.


The serious expression!

Practicing before the final performance



We will take a break for the summer, but she has made me aware that she still wants to do it again in the fall. Ellinor seems to be catching on quickly and she may start up as well!


1 comment:

hockerfam said...

too darn cute!! corinne too enjoys dance more than i thought and we'll be signing her up in the fall for the season. dance was something i never did, but she absolutely loves it.